Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs in AnonTown

+31
Paroxydox
Data_f10w
BaseballBob
calthephenom
maus
Moxi
ThePope
randomanon
mnemonicidez
Bman
Jake.
Patrick
Usednapkin
LetsDoThis
Dmanrlz2
JD
FluffySheepz
Anonman
loganrugbyman
forsythe
howdyho
Potionius
cherokeeroodypoo
Aegimn
Kilowog
Tide
Mephisto893
thorm
anon
PurpleRubberDuckie
John Doe
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jobs in AnonTown Empty Jobs in AnonTown

Post by John Doe Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 pm

So here we continue to dream about how we can benefit the city.

John Doe

Back to top Go down

Jobs in AnonTown Empty Re: Jobs in AnonTown

Post by PurpleRubberDuckie Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Great idea, what is everyone's skills? What can you contribute to Anontown?
PurpleRubberDuckie
PurpleRubberDuckie

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm

I call dibs on bar/restaurant. I can be the town barmaid.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by thorm Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm

like I said before, I can grow various goodies, like cannabis, tobacco, vegetables, etc.
also play some instruments, so can probably entertain some people.
thorm
thorm

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

If you were dedicated to being a serious farmer, do you think it would be possible to start ourselves a serious sustainable food culture?
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I have a strong body, i'd be willing to do manual labor. either farming or construction. or anything else that needs done.

i can also play acoustic guitar, so there can be entertainment around the campfire in the early days.

i love books, would be more than happy to start/maintain some sort of library, assuming people there would read.

honestly, if this works, i'd be willing to do just about anything currently legal in the US. and some things that aren't.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by Tide Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:52 pm

We would need a school at some point (in the middle of nowhere, need to educate the few kids we have). I'm willing to be a teacher or faculty member if there were to be one.
Tide
Tide

Back to top Go down

Jobs in AnonTown Empty farming

Post by thorm Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

with help anythings possible.

over time at least
thorm
thorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilowog Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm a glazier by trade. I'd be more than capable of installing and replacing any and all glass needs the town might have. General construction work would also be possible.

Kilowog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tide Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm studying Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, and Physics at VT. I could easily be an electrician, as well as help with any computer/technological development in the town. I'm also good in regards to business and law. I'm a lifeguard, so with a little more training, I could be an EMT.

Last edited by Tide on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tide
Tide

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegimn Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Tide wrote:We would need a school at some point (in the middle of nowhere, need to educate the few kids we have). I'm willing to be a teacher or faculty member if there were to be one.

Being your bestest friend with only a bit lesser education, I would help with this.

Aegimn

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 am

Ok by trade I am a Forester and Wild Land Fire Fighter with structural background as well. I make feasibility reports for vegetation and growth as well. For a while I was actually heavily involved in Agronomics (crop production and market as well as soil sustainability)

As far as education I as well could work as a middle and high school biology teacher. I have my Bachelors from Oklahoma State and am currently weighing whether or not to head back to college for Grad School.

So as it was stated earlier on, I can take over as Chief of the Fire Protection services both Wild Land and Structural.

on a side note, I have stated this, I grew up in the middle of BFE (bum fuck egypt) Oklahoma on a cattle ranch. We grew a 20 acre "hobby garden" with beans (soy) corn, squash, okra, cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers. So I can take an Agricultural job as well.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

Post by Potionius Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 pm

95% of jobs are going to be manual labor, like construction and agriculture. To pretend otherwise is folly. Once we have a semblance of a settlement set up then specialization comes. I'm currently in college and I have no problem with physical labor.

Potionius

Back to top Go down

Post by howdyho Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Potionius wrote:95% of jobs are going to be manual labor, like construction and agriculture. To pretend otherwise is folly. Once we have a semblance of a settlement set up then specialization comes. I'm currently in college and I have no problem with physical labor.

In the short term, yes. The remainder of the jobs will be based around organization and assembly to make sure that what needs to get done, gets done. I think I am capable of both planning and performing the manual labor.

howdyho

Back to top Go down

Post by forsythe Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Former army 21b here, I'd be willing to train security personnel/ perform police duties. Alos manual labor is no problem for me and I ave experience with building design and structural integrity (from a demolitions stand point)

Last edited by forsythe on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

forsythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacher Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:54 pm

I think you guys are missing something... You will really be needing money to come in from external sources for the town to truly flourish. Trying to start some self-sustained town will probably cause the operation to collapse, in my opinion.
The key, I believe, would be to start up a business with the aim to making it a small cell that will employ a significant percentage of the town, or at least bringing in enough profit to support the town. Two potential routes would be a) some service to the nearby city (e.g. making a couple of office blocks and renting out cheap - shitty idea and depends on town's demands but basically get them to outsource in some way to you. Even if it is just offering cheap storage to households) b) electronic services (say outsourced data management, although requires more

Preacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I work from home on a full time salaried basis. All I need is a functional computer (which I have many of already) and an internet connection, preferrably high speed but for work-related reasons alone I could downgrade to something slower. My profession (which I'm not allowed to state publicly) also requires me to deal with both federal and non-federal entities that provide grants for sustainable development, commerce, education, infrastructure, health/human services, housing/urban development and transportation, amongst many other things. I wouldn't need an employer as I'd be keeping my current one, but this would also mean that if certain funding opportunities were released and this town met the eligibility requirements, I could develop a proposal and submit it for funding assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:09 pm

forsythe wrote:Former army 21b here, I'd be willing to train security personnel/ perform police duties. Alos manual labor is no problem for me and I ave experience with building design and structural integrity (from a demolitions stand point)

at least you weren't an 11 bang bang lol, who were you with?
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by loganrugbyman Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Farming and building shelter is going to be what happens at the start. Until we can come up with some sort of commodity that is worth selling out to the rest of the world, there's not much else to do.

loganrugbyman

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

loganrugbyman wrote:Farming and building shelter is going to be what happens at the start. Until we can come up with some sort of commodity that is worth selling out to the rest of the world, there's not much else to do.

very true however we do have a commodity in place already, "tourism" and with the increased attention on anontown it's sure to swell.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cumstain Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Currently training to be an MD.. well.. UK equivalent. Could pass a south dakota equivalency exam and be the town doctor in 5 or 6 years if this thing gets off the road...

cumstain

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonman Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

note i can Run a business.

I have taken economics classes and business classes.

also i've got a culinary degree so i could set up a restaurant if anon wants it since i live in chicago anyways and they have the strictest regulations in the country and i know them by heart, i can keep a restaurant running so it isn't shut down by Osha or some other faggoty group.

Anonman

Back to top Go down

Jobs in AnonTown Empty Sup Nubs

Post by magick49 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I could be the leader of the whole revolution. I could do it all, I'm a good looking 18 year old who can sing like fuck and if i find 3 people who can make music like fuck then i think music would be a great way to portray revolutionary ideas as it has to proved to be an extremely influential medium to send a message. Who's down?

magick49

Back to top Go down

Post by forsythe Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:
forsythe wrote:Former army 21b here, I'd be willing to train security personnel/ perform police duties. Alos manual labor is no problem for me and I ave experience with building design and structural integrity (from a demolitions stand point)

at least you weren't an 11 bang bang lol, who were you with?

3ID 7th Cav and 62nd Engineering

forsythe

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm

forsythe wrote:
3ID 7th Cav and 62nd Engineering

I am all for someone (you) taking over security of the town. It will be a big issue and it is something that needs to be address in the starting stages. Training everyone is a good idea s well. Security after all is what a governing body should be for. Well party, but you get what I mean.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:58 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:
loganrugbyman wrote:Farming and building shelter is going to be what happens at the start. Until we can come up with some sort of commodity that is worth selling out to the rest of the world, there's not much else to do.

very true however we do have a commodity in place already, "tourism" and with the increased attention on anontown it's sure to swell.

Agreed. Tourism will be one of biggest sources of revenue, if not the biggest. From reading the responses so far we have engineers, security personel, chefs, a barmaid and some kind of 18 year old musical prodigy. Once the initially set up has been completed I think we're good to go.

I myself am currently at uni studying comsci, physics and maths. Studied a bit of business and psyc back in the day as well Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm studied in several fields and can help at many.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Jobs in AnonTown Empty ChemFag

Post by ChemFag Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Chemistry Ph.D. here.

I've taught sciences from grade 10 to post-graduate.

Main skills are in Analysis and communication; some computer skillz.

Also martial arts and guitar.

Count me in.

ChemFag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmanrlz2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Lived on a small farm all my life, i can contribute manual labor, and some knowledge of farming and other various odds and ends
Dmanrlz2
Dmanrlz2

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:07 pm

The best commodity we could offer is electricity. People with solar panels often generate enough electricity to sell some to the electric company. With enough solar pannels and wind turbines we could do this.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next