Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official idea thread

+2
anon
cherokeeroodypoo
6 posters

Go down

The official idea thread Empty The official idea thread

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:02 am

Ok so this is where we will dump all the ideas everyone has come up with and are to come up with, conglomerate it all, vote, then write up our proposal for grant money!
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

The official idea thread Empty Re: The official idea thread

Post by anon Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:07 pm

They awarded a $600,000 grant to a group of students that sold a proposal in culture, something very important that absolutely needs to be answered. "Is the burrito technically a sandwich?"

After two years of research, the conclusion was: inconclusive. They applied for an extension on the grant, and it was not awarded.

That said, these are my ideas:

Physical manifestation of internet culture - an experiment in governing something that is completely ungoverned.

Whether or not a town can be completely sustainable. I have to be honest, I don't know how possible this one is. If we're using new technology (aquaponics), it could make this a lot more feasible and attractive as a grant candidate.

Also: why the hell not apply for multiple grants? We are planning a lot of cool things, here!
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm

As for possible grants, I think we are looking at this wrong. I think we should do a study on Generation X. For those of you unfamiliar with Generation X it is basically our generation. We were raised very differently than any previous generation. We had a "winning isn't important as long as you try" and "you never fail you just succeed less" mentality imposed on us all of our lives. This could lead to some serious and unforeseen consequences when we are running this country.
In addition to the over-coddling we received we also have learned differently than all previous generations. We are a generation that knows a little about a lot. This could be good, allowing everyone to contribute in multiple areas, or bad, having no one be really good at anything.
These, along with many other differences between Generation X and previous generations are of great concern for many psychologists and sociologists. In fact, there are currently people out there studying the possible ramifications of our upbringing. The only difference is that everything they do is small-scale. What we need to do is find one of those people and propose this idea to them.

tl;dr
Study of possible future of our generation
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:15 pm

LetsDoThis wrote:As for possible grants, I think we are looking at this wrong. I think we should do a study on Generation X. For those of you unfamiliar with Generation X it is basically our generation. We were raised very differently than any previous generation. We had a "winning isn't important as long as you try" and "you never fail you just succeed less" mentality imposed on us all of our lives. This could lead to some serious and unforeseen consequences when we are running this country.
In addition to the over-coddling we received we also have learned differently than all previous generations. We are a generation that knows a little about a lot. This could be good, allowing everyone to contribute in multiple areas, or bad, having no one be really good at anything.
These, along with many other differences between Generation X and previous generations are of great concern for many psychologists and sociologists. In fact, there are currently people out there studying the possible ramifications of our upbringing. The only difference is that everything they do is small-scale. What we need to do is find one of those people and propose this idea to them.

tl;dr
Study of possible future of our generation

I actually had a similar idea, but on it's own, I don't think it's a very possible argument.

I think if we kind of incorporated it into another idea, like: "Now, all of this -- PLUS, IT'S ALL 100% GENERATION X. YEAH. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT NOW?"

Also--are we really generation x? For some reason I feel like that's wrong. isn't generation x the generation following the baby boomers?
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobo Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Aren't we technically Generation Y? From my understanding Generation X is generally accepted to end in the extremely early 80's.
Hobo
Hobo
Writers
Writers

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Whichever generation we are I was referring to those who grew up over-coddled and with constant technology.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:06 am

I believe they are referring to it as Generation Wire

Patrick

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

Maybe we should actually get some stats on how old we all are.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 am

i agree, stats on age would be necessary for acurate generation labeling. also a general demographic would be nice. when i get home and rested tomorrow, i'll look into an anonymous poll/survey. or i might just make a board and have a bunch of polls there.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down